Q: What causes dry eye?
- There are many things that can cause dry eye, including but not limited to:
- Computer use
- Contact lens wear
- Certain medications
- Past eye surgery
- Environment (dry climate, wind, pollution)
- Autoimmune diseases
Dry eye is a very common problem with many causes. If you think you may have dry eye and you live in the Las Vegas area, call Wellish Vision Institute today for a consultation. You don’t have to live with the discomfort of dry eye.
Q: What are the common symptoms associated with dry eye?
- Symptoms vary from person to person, and some, like excessive watering of the eyes, may seem surprising. Symptoms can include:
- Scratchy, burning or sore eyes
- Foreign body sensation (feeling like there is something in your eye)
- Watery eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Excessive mucus discharge
- Blurred vision, particularly in the morning and late in the day
- Discomfort with or intolerance to contact lenses
- Eyes that are easily irritated by allergens, smoke, perfume, etc.
- Eyes that tire easily, particularly when watching TV, reading or using a computer