Are You A Candidate?

Interested in LASIK in Las Vegas & Henderson?

Dr. May Seeing PatientYou’re in luck – most likely. The vast majority of patients examined (somewhere between 90% and 95%) are great candidates for LASIK Las Vegas. For the remaining 5% to 10%, patients generally have certain contraindications, including things like extremely steep or extremely flat corneas, chronic dry eye, inadequate corneal thickness, etc.

If you are over 18, have had no changes in your prescription for two years and have otherwise healthy eyes, you could be a good candidate for LASIK. Take our LASIK Self-Test to get a better idea of your candidacy. The only way to know for sure, however, is to schedule a free VIP exam at Wellish Vision Institute in Las Vegas, NV to perform the necessary tests to determine your candidacy.

The Ideal LASIK Patient Is:

  • At least 18 years of age
  • Stable vision for the past year
  • Adequate corneal tissue thickness
  • Overall good health
  • Strong knowledge of the benefits and risks of LASIK

Common Types Of Vision Problems That LASIK Treats Include:

  • Myopia (nearsightedness)
  • Hyperopia (farsightedness)
  • Astigmatism
  • Presbyopia

Not A LASIK Candidate

If you have any of the following conditions, you would NOT be a candidate for LASIK:

  • Conditions such as visually significant cataracts, glaucoma, corneal diseases, keratoconus, or certain other pre-existing eye diseases that affect or threaten vision
  • Collagen vascular diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, or significant problems with wound healing.
  • Refusal to participate in the consent process
  • Not having realistic expectations

To Be A Candidate:

  • You must be at least age 18
  • Have a prescription for glasses or contacts that has not changed significantly in the past year
  • Have good eye health
  • Not be pregnant or nursing
  • Not have a history of chronic dry eyes
  • Have good general health overall
  • Willing to make a change with your vision

Have more questions about LASIK surgery such as the cost of LASIK in Las Vegas.



Here at Wellish Vision Institute, if you are looking for an alternative to LASIK for vision correction surgery we have an option called ICL Implantable Contact Lenses. During ICL a special contact lens is implanted by Dr. Wellish inside the eye and works with the eye’s natural lens to provide excellent quality of vision for a wide range of correction. This is typically a good option for patients who are not candidates for LASIK or PRK, and if your prescription changes slightly over time it in interchangeable to be replaced.

ICL typically tastes around the same amount of time as LASIK and you can be in and out in 30 minutes or less. Dr. Wellish then creates tiny micro incisions near the cornea to allow positioning of the lens between the iris and natural lens. Then, he will carefully implants the lens through these micro-incisions, and the implant will unfold on its own if placed correctly. Patients are given eye drops to use at home for post-operative care once surgery is complete. With ICL, patients can typically already see more clearly after 24 hours post surgery,

If you are not a LASIK candidate, however, don’t worry – there are still options for you! Here at Wellish Vision Institute, we offer several LASIK alternatives for our patients. Make sure to take the LASIK self-test below to see if LASIK is right for you.

Take Our Self LASIK Test Click Here