Interested in LASIK in Las Vegas & Henderson?
You’re in luck – most likely. The vast majority of patients examined (somewhere between 90% and 95%) are great candidates for LASIK Las Vegas. For the remaining 5% to 10%, patients generally have certain contraindications, including things like extremely steep or extremely flat corneas, chronic dry eye, inadequate corneal thickness, etc.
If you are over 18, have had no changes in your prescription for two years and have otherwise healthy eyes, you could be a good candidate for LASIK. Take our LASIK Self-Test to get a better idea of your candidacy. The only way to know for sure, however, is to schedule a free VIP exam at Wellish Vision Institute in Las Vegas, NV to perform the necessary tests to determine your candidacy.
The Ideal LASIK Patient Is:
- At least 18 years of age
- Stable vision for the past year
- Adequate corneal tissue thickness
- Overall good health
- Strong knowledge of the benefits and risks of LASIK
Common Types Of Vision Problems That LASIK Treats Include:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
Not A LASIK Candidate
If you have any of the following conditions, you would NOT be a candidate for LASIK:
- Conditions such as visually significant cataracts, glaucoma, corneal diseases, keratoconus, or certain other pre-existing eye diseases that affect or threaten vision
- Collagen vascular diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, or significant problems with wound healing.
- Refusal to participate in the consent process
- Not having realistic expectations
Have more questions about LASIK surgery such as the cost of LASIK in Las Vegas.
If you are not a LASIK candidate, however, don’t worry – there are still options for you! Here at Wellish Vision Institute, we offer several LASIK alternatives for our patients. Make sure to take the LASIK self-test below to see if LASIK is right for you.
Take Our Self LASIK Test Click Here